Productivity tools are designed to help developers increase productivity and work at full capacity. This product line includes powerful, affordable, time-saving tools, both stand-alone and add-ins for Visual Studio, to help you automate routine tasks and write top-quality software.
Essential set of code inspection tools for Visual Studio
Code Review Bundle is a set of perfect diff tools to help you understand the other programmer’s decisions and improve the project code quality until it gets feature-complete
- Create review requests
- Work in integration with Visual Studio (2015-2019 for Code Compare)
- Perform tasks in conjunction with TFS, Subversion, Git, Mercurial, and Perforce
- View added review comments from a file comparison document
- Highlight code regions with review comments
- Make code folding
- Perform files merging
Flexible code reviews
Review Assistant lets you choose a simple or strict code review workflow for your projects. Any developer can start a post-commit code review on any set of revisions.
With Review Assistant you can code author is automatically pulled from a repository; multiple code authors can be assigned to a single review; moderator role is available in the strict code review workflow and one review can contain code from multiple repositories.
Code review reports and statistics
Review Assistant provides a set of code review reports that help you steer the code review process.
With Review Assistant you are able to reviews status report provides a view of who might be holding up reviews; Code Coverage report helps your tracking revisions being reviewed in a repository; detailed report allows exporting a review with comments to a printable format; and Statistics reports provide you with performance data about authors and reviewers.
Replacement for Visual Studio Code Review Feature
Choose Review Assistant over native Code Review feature of Visual Studio if you need to:
- Review multiple changesets
- Hold iterative reviews
- Set a policy to prevent checking in code without a review
- Enable formal code reviews with a moderator
- View code review statistics and reports
- Use a lightweight Visual Studio code quality tool
Discussions in code
Code reviews are about improving your code base. Comments and discussions within your team are the heart of the process. Review Assistant supports threaded comments, so team members can discuss code without scheduled meetings.
- Add comments on specific source lines, blocks of code, files, or the entire review
- Flag comments as defects that need to be fixed
- Provide comments on binary files, such as images
- Start discussions in code, without creating a formal code review
- Unread comments and replies are highlighted
Iterative review with defect fixing
Review Assistant supports multiple comment-fix-verify cycles in one review that makes it one of the most convenient source code review tools.
- Author can instantly see open comments in the code editor
- Defect statuses are color-coded
- Author can restart a review by adding revisions with fixes
- A reviewer can see exact changes made by the author according to comments
Text Comparison and Merge
Code Compare can be easily integrated into any version control system that supports external comparators. You can set up Code Compare as a comparison and merge tool using the command line.
- Colored blocks for inserted, deleted, and modified text
- Detailed highlighting of changes within lines
- Collapsing of unchanged text regions (Pro-feature)
- Editing files on the fly
- Point-and-click merge with a mouse
- Merging shortcuts for advanced users
Semantic Source Code Comparison
- Structure comparison mode
- Syntax highlighting for programming languages
- Matching methods in compared source code files
- Similar lines of code are matched even after refactoring
- Detecting moved blocks of code if source code is reordered in files
- Displaying changes in code structure in Difference Explorer
- Code outlining for collapsing and expanding regions of code
Three-Way Comparison and Automatic Merging
- Three comparison panes with horizontal and vertical layouts
- Integrates with version control systems as the merge tool for conflicting file revisions
- Non-conflicting changes are merged automatically
- Merging conflicts are highlighted
- One-click conflict resolution with a mouse button